Saturday 15 May 2010

Mock up of design context book..

This is the first substanial mock up that I have made of my design context book. I have used inspiration from the existing magazine 'Stylist' to create my format and page numbers and this has also helped me when deciding which stock I would like on each individual page.
Below: This is the front cover of my magazine publication, I want to make it quite simple and have alot of free space.
I also would like the 'V' to be glossy so I will do that myself. I haven't yet added any colour to the front cover but I think I will bring in the colours of my chapters subtly.


Above: This is the opening page, I have included details of where it was produced, copy right, where it was made etc.


Above: I may add spot gloss within my book say for instance on the quotes to add interest and make it look more professionial.

Below: These two pages will consist of one being glossy and the other being matte so there will be a real contrast in the way in which the type looks.Below: Where ever there is a picture of a designers work I am going to print it on glossy paper to enhance the design.
Below: Finish the book with my favourite designers piece of work.
After having a tutorial with Justin he really encouraged me to just get on with developing my layout of my design context book and how I was going to go about the production of my book as I think that was what was stopping me and putting a hault to my designing as I wasn't impressed with how much I was being quoted to print my book on newsprint paper in colour.
In colour I got a quote from target print and they said that it would probably cost about £200 on a rough estimate as I only wanted 1 printing and it is more cost efficient to produce large quantities at a time.
Justin suggested just buying my own stock of paper and producing it myself with the help of James in the print room.
I have decided that I would like my book to consist of a variety of different paper stocks, obviously I will keep it at a limit so that it doesnt begin to look like a scrap book but I think this will be slighlty more unique and really compliment the information that I am displaying on my pages.
Below: I decided to draw out all my pages and everything that I wanted and needed in my publication, this in turn helped me decide exactly how many pages i needed in my book and exactly where the different stocks of paper will fit in with the information in my book.
Doing it this way first saves a lot of time and reduces mistakes in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment